1. Start with organic, shade grown coffee beans that are grown at an altitude of at least 1200 meters (3,397 feet).
2. Use only the ripest, hand picked beans which have been sun dried and properly stored with an 11 or 12% moisture content.
3. Beens must be carefully roasted at temperatures high enough to carmelize the sugar within the bean.
4. Roasted beans must be hermetically sealed and properly stored to insure freshness.
5. The very best flavors from a coffee bean are available within 7 days of roasting if properly sealed and stored.
6. The fresh roasted coffee beans should be ground at the time of consumption as ground coffee will lose it's freshness within four hours.
***Roasted beans are best stored in a glass jar with a screw cap or a ziplock bag and kept in the freezer. Keep ground coffee in the fridge if you grind for more than one day. Heat (even room temperature), humidity and oxygen are the enemies of freshness.